From the monarchical terror of the Middle Ages to the mangled Europe of the 21st century, A People’s History of Modern Europe tracks the history of the continent through the deeds of those whom mainstream history tries to forget.
“This book is a splendid antidote to the many European histories dominated by kings, businessmen and generals.It should be on the shelves of both academics and activists . . . a lively and informative intellectual tour de force.” -Marcel van der Linden, International Institute of Social History (Amsterdam)
Join us for a conversation with author, William A. Pelz, who will dialogue with Loren Balhorn (Die Linke-Berlin) and the audience.
- Wine and snacks provided!
- November 19th (Saturday) 7:00 p.m.
- Red June Café, 2020 N. Leavitt Street
- (near Armitage/Western blue line)
- Sponsor: Institute of Working Class History
- $5 – 10 donation requested (no one turned away!)
- Information & RSVP: email@example.com
Loren Balhorn (Member of Die Linke (Berlin), translator for Historical Materialism Book Series) &
William A. Pelz – (Director of the Institute of Working Class History(Chicago) & History Professor at Elgin Community College)
* Institute of Working Class History is a federal not-for-profit 501(c)k. Donations are tax deductible.